Landing page optimization (LPO) is the process of improving elements on a website to increase conversions. It is a subset of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and involves using methods such as A/B testing to improve the conversion goals of a given landing page.
Landing pages are a key component of the online marketing campaigns and are a specially designed component whose main goal is to generate sales or capture leads. They are the main destination of online marketing campaigns and resources are shifted to ensure that maximum traffic is driven to these pages.
Since landing pages are focused on conversions, improving their performance can lead to significant improvements in business results. That’s where LPO comes in.
Optimizing a landing page ensures that you achieve the highest possible conversion rate from the visitors who arrive at that landing page. Landing page optimization can help you lower your customer acquisitions costs, acquire more customers, and maximize the value of your ad spend.
Ideally, there are three types of landing pages, that are high converting, which most businesses typically use
- Click-through landing pages: One of the simplest forms of landing pages used in online marketing, their sole purpose is to offer an on-site visit with all the necessary information regarding a product, service or an offer, and explain the advantages as well as the context of use to convince them to enter the conversion funnel. These pages are ideally created to increase click-throughs and guide visitors to specifically targeted pages where they’ll find complete transaction details.
- Lead capturing pages: These are otherwise known as squeeze pages, whose prime purpose is to capture visitor data and create a bank of prospects which can further be used to enrich marketing and sales A good lead capture landing page doesn’t have any exit paths from the page. Meaning, these pages do not have any internal or external links but only CTA button(s) to submit user details.
- Viral Landing pages: This helps brand promote their content and products mainly through word of mouth The goal behind them is twofold, Get visitors to sign up and get visitors to spread the word about what they’ve found
Best ways to improve the Landing Page conversions:
- Make your offer clear
- Simplify the landing page
- Color Contrasting
- Keep the important part above the fold
- Use scarcity techniques
- Keep the call-to-action buttons straightforward
- Contact Information to be added
- Try different headlines and copy
- Add testimonials to help convert undecided users
- Keep A/B testing everything