A customer journey is the complete series of experiences that your customers go through during their lifecycle and includes all of their interactions with your brand — from browsing to purchase to post-purchase.
- Anne wants to buy a Christmas gift for a friend and she browses the internet by typing some keywords on a search engine.
- She clicks on the top sponsored results, lands on a website, and browses the website.
- She looks at ongoing deals and products on sale on the home page.
- She then compares a few products listed on the category page.
- She finalizes the product she wants to buy and clicks on it to view its product detail page.
- She then adds the product to her cart, proceeds to checkout and makes the payment.
As a retailer, it is important to envision the customer’s actions as a sequential path of interactions, as stated in the example above. At every step, Anne’s intent and thought process is revealed by the actions she takes, and as a retailer, it is important to facilitate the right actions.
Each customer will travel through these interactions differently based on their intent in each given session, and the retailer should aim to make the journey unique for each of them, using personalization. This would encompass a variety of communications across various channels, devices, and potential touchpoints throughout every stage of the customer life cycle. It is very important to understand each of these stages, in order to evaluate whether they are being engaged with the right message and content, on the right channel at every stage.
The process of putting these journeys together, constantly monitoring their performance across various audience segments, for every stage of the customer lifecycle, is referred to as Journey Management.
What does Vue.ai offer?
Powered by A.I. and machine learning algorithms, Vue.ai provides retailers with the capability to create, optimize, and deliver relevant and personalized journeys across various online channels and touchpoints.
Vue.ai helps retailers create unique journeys for their customers, depending on which purchasing stage the customer is at. For example, customers who have been identified to be exploring the site can be presented with a wide variety of products and top sellers that aid in product discovery and conversion. Similarly, customers who are identified to be in transaction mode can be shown product bundles that are frequently bought together, to enable cross-selling.
Multiple experiences can be stitched together to create a personalized journey for every customer.
In a nutshell, Vue.ai allows retailers to:
- Build personalized customer journeys with multiple experiences across different touchpoints
- Optimize customer journeys by continuous A/B testing
- Monitor the performance of customer journeys through an intuitive, detailed dashboard